Facilitator: Caroline Spotswood
Thank you for nominating your interest in participating in the Indigenous peoples Special Interest Forum. This forum will provide the opportunity for Indigenous peoples to discuss and explore the inclusion to ANZSSA through our purpose, goals, vision and actions. The purpose, goals and vision were developed at the December 2016 AZSSA Conference.
Is to raise the visibility and voice of indigenous knowledge, perspectives, cultures, values within ANZSSA
Goals and vision:
ANZSSA recognises the integrity values and diversity of Indigenous cultures, knowledge and perspectives through respectful cross-university collaborations to support Indigenous people/students to succeed at higher education
- To share best practice amongst members of the PFG and ANZSSA in order to better support ANZSSA Indigenous students in their academic pursuits.
- Identify common barriers to learning and implement strategies to support transition into tertiary study for all Indigenous students to succeed
- Explore and identify cultural frameworks that best suit Indigenous students in order for them to achieve academically and are embedded in ANZSSA best practice recommendations
- To raise the importance of Indigenous students having access to dedicated culturally appropriate learning environments
Indigenous delegates to explore issues, challenges and sharing of best practices in order to better support Indigenous students to succeed.
- Welcome and introduction
- Appointment of Note taker
- Confirmation of topics to be discussed
- Agreement on order of topics to be discussed
- Recommendations for future SIF/ISANA/ANZSSA (if any)