Facilitators: Samantha Hilbig & Manorani Guy
Thank you for nominating your interest in participating in this Special Interest Forum. This forum specifically looks at Under 18 students accommodation ,welfare and duty of Care ,Institutes responsibilities and the recent changes to the National Code.
This forum will explore themes:
- First, elements of good practice from providing welfare arrangements for Under 18 students
- Best Practice in providing these services and the complex issues associated with Under 18
- National Code and ESOS Act changes to Standard 5 Welfare Arrangements for Under Age Students.
This session is an opportuniey to discuss and learn from fellow colleagues and devlop strategies for undertaking the care of the Under Age students .
Questions ( Prior to session invite attendees to provide Questions and discussion topics that they would like to explore on the afternoon)
Discussion Topics might include
- Accommodation –Types of Accommodation on campus,homestay ,private residential
- Visa issues
- National Code Compliance
- Guardianship companies
- Curfews and Rules associated with under 18 students
- Welcome and introduction
- Appointment of Note taker
- Confirmation of questions/issues to be discussed
- Agreement on order of issues to be discussed
- Recommendations for future SIF/ISANA/ANZSSA (if any)